Pages

Monday 13 June 2016

Summary of the week W/E 12 June 2016

Okay,

Here are a few highlights from the week.

Firstly The Writer's Thread Showcase published my story The Confession. I am still buzzing about that and I hope at least some people have given it a read.

That sort of inspired me to write another short story and since I had the idea I got cracking on Pink and Blue, I love you. I was doing quite well until the halfway point when I suddenly realized that I needed a plot. You know what? I couldn't find one. Not for days. When one eventually turned up it wasn't what I expected. Probably exactly what other people expect of me though -LOL!. I need to sort out where I want to publish this but in the meantime I am going to let it lie for a while and read it from cold next week.

During the week I also put my poem Sunrise in Valencia up on my website. I wrote this a few years back and then lost it. Finally in desperation I searched through my old emails and found a copy that I had used to send to my own kindle. I have now put this on my website together with an actual reading (Yes, by me!) so you can listen to it too.

Having finished all of that I have just moved back to The Last Titan. Not so long ago this story was almost writing itself but taking time out to review and complete Queen of Demons and then getting going with a few other projects has meant that I struggled to put this particular glove back on my writing hand. Still, I am pleased that I have finally started to made some progress again: a new chapter drafted today and this should feed an interesting sub-plot within the main story.